Today I’m sharing a card I sent off to a friend last week!
I think blue and green combined is so pretty and was really pleased how nicely Pacific Point and Emerald Envy blended together. Here’s how to create the watercolor look:
- Tape your watercolor paper down with blue painter’s tape. I use a thin wooded board. You want to do this to help with warping.
- Tap each stamp pad onto a clear block. This is where you’ll pick up your color.
- Wet your watercolor paper completely with an oval wash paintbrush or an Aqua Painter. You don’t want to add too much water! You’ll have to play around to figure out how much to use.
- Grab your Aqua Painter and squeeze a little bit of water out of the barrel so that the tip is damp. Pick up color from the clear block and drop it onto your paper. The water that you added in step #3 will make the ink spread around your paper. Keep adding color. It will usually look completely different when it’s dried so if you aren’t happy with the results, wait until it has thoroughly dried. Trust me!
- Once it’s completely dried, add more color if you want.
The next step is to add your sentiment. Be sure to use an anti-static tool such as the Stampin’ Up! Embossing Buddy and rub it across the entire surface of your paper. This helps prevent embossing powder from sticking to your paper where you don’t want it.
Use Versamark to stamp your image, pour embossing powder over it and watch the magic happen as you heat it up with the heat tool.
I hope you’ll give this a try and if you do, I’d love to see what you create!
Product List – Here’s the list of all the Stampin’ Up! products I used. The stamp set is a FREE Sale-a-bration gift with a $50 order!
Ready to place an order? Click on any of the products above and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me!
Sale-a-bration ends at the end of the month!! There’s still lots of time to get free product for every $50 you spend! Both Sale-a-bration catalogs can be found on the right hand side of my blog. Click the catalogs to see what you can get for FREE!
March Host Code: UAWUUQG4
Use this code when placing your online order and receive a gift from me with your thank you card!