Welcome to the Glitter Queens Blog Hop! This month we’re focusing on one of my favorite things to make – gift card holders! I LOVE receiving gift cards and I enjoy giving them too so why not have a really cute way to “wrap it up.”
I used the absolutely adorable stamp set Seasonal Chums (which includes a snowman, reindeer and pumpkin) and colored the snowman with my Stampin’ Blends. When you untie the beautiful Metallic- Edge Silver Ribbon, inside you’ll find the gift card and a spot to write a note to the lucky recipient.
Here’s what the back looks like. The ribbon is added before you add the panels, something I forgot to do on my second sample, and I’ll be sharing that one on Monday!
To make an opening for the gift card to slide into, I used the Classic Label punch.
The card holder is pretty straightforward but I want to give you some directions for making the slot that the gift card sits in.
After you’ve scored your paper (see all the measurements at the end of the post), you’ll fold the sections with the score lines close together, like this.
Next, add Fast Fuse very close to the score line, as indicated. If you add it farther down, your gift card won’t be able to slide down. Then, bring the opposite side over.
Now you’ll place the fold you just created into the Classic Label Punch as shown below.
What you’ll create by punching the paper won’t be big enough for the gift card so you’ll need to make two little snips on each side so that it looks like the picture below.
At the end of my post I’ll list the measurements for the card as well as the products I used. Click on any item in the product list and you’ll head over to my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me! Nothing makes me happier than knowing that someone recreated one of my projects. If you make one of these gift card holders, drop me an email and include a picture of yours! You’ll make my day!
I hope you’ll visit the others on the blog hop! Dee is next with a super cute idea for you (Dee recently updated her blog and you’ll love her new look)! Click here to head on over to Dee’s blog! Enjoy!!
Here’s a list of everyone in the hop today!
Tracy Bradley (You Are Here)
Real Red cardstock: 12″ x 4″ score at 4′, 8″, 9″, 10″
Whisper White for large panels 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″. You’ll need 4 (one will be for the inside sentiment).
Designer Series Paper for large panels: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ You’ll need 3.
Whisper White for small panels: 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ You’ll need 2.
Designer Series Paper for small panels: 3-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ You’ll need 2.
- I used Liquid Multipurpose Glue (green bottle in supply list) to glue all of my panels together but you can use Fast Fuse or Snail.
- Only use a strong adhesive such as Fast Fuse to create the “pocket” for the gift card.
- After cutting and folding the base of your card, turn it over and lay your ribbon down (You’ll need approximately 21″). Then attach the two large panels on top of the ribbon.
- Stamp your sentiment in Memento Ink and cut it out using a square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Attach Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back.
- To stamp my snowman, I used Thick Whisper White in Memento Ink and colored him in with Stampin’ Blends. He’s popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment on the outside of the card is from Seasonal Chums and the inside sentiment is from Snowflake Sentiments. Both of these can be found in the Holiday Catalog.