If you’d like to make a quick and easy card, this is it!
I used the Butterfly Gala Bundle which includes the Butterfly Gala stamp set and the Butterfly Duet Punch. With the stamp set I stamped the sentiment & the butterfly and used the punch to cut out the butterfly. When you purchase bundles, you always save 10% and this bundle is only while supplies last. Both products will be returning when the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog goes live on June 4, 2019, but bundles in any current catalog right now, are only available while supplies last! Click here to see all the retiring bundles!
After stamping the butterfly onto Whisper White cardstock using Memento Ink, I colored one side using a Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend. Then I added Light Lovely Lipstick near the center of the butterfly (note where the color is darker on the butterfly). Then to blend the two colors, I added another layer of Dark Flirty Flamingo. I continued doing this until I had the shade I was looking for. Then I repeated the process on the other side. You want the ink to be a little bit wet when trying to blend the colors which is why I did one side of the butterfly at a time.
All the supplies used to create today’s card can be found in the Supply List below.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock that measures 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score at 5-1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measures 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ and attach to the front of the card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 5″ x 3-3/4″ and attach to the front of the card.
- Cut a piece of Brights 6″ x 6″ Paper in Flirty Flamingo 1-3/4″ x 5″. Insert in the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner. Attach to the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Memento Ink. Cut it out using the Layering Ovals Dies. Cut a larger oval in Basic Black. Layer the sentiment onto the Basic Black. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the front of the card.
- Stamp the butterfly in Memento Ink onto Whisper White cardstock. Color the butterfly using a Light Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Blend and a Dark Flirty Flamingo Blend. Punch it out using the Butterfly Duet punch. Add Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the front of the card.
- To finish the card, add three rhinestones.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
Click here to see all the Retiring Stamp Sets. Click here to see which stamp sets are returning in cling mount.
Click here to see Everything Else on the Retiring List
Sign up by May 10th to receive the May Paper Pumpkin Kit. This is a monthly subscription delivered right to your mailbox with everything you need to complete a set of cards or a project . If you decide after one box that you don’t want to continue, simply cancel. If you love it, do nothing and you’ll continue to receive a Paper Pumpkin box each month! Stampin’ Up! releases a video showing how to put each kit together (plus there are instructions inside). To give you an idea what’s in each kit, click here to see last month’s kit. You can also see this video which is a sneak peek to this month’s kit. Sign up today so you don’t miss out on the May Paper Pumpkin box!