It’s the first Friday of the month so that means it’s time for the First Fridays Blog Hop! The new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog went live yesterday and we’re very excited about that so the theme for this month’s hop is NEW CATALOG PRODUCT!!
I chose to make a gift card holder using our new Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack which coordinates with all five new In Colors. This paper stack contains 40 12″ x 12″ sheets with 4 each of 2 double-sided designs in all five In Colors! My cards today use three of the new In Colors: Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide.
My cards also feature one of our punches – the Daisy punch! Unfortunately this punch has already been extremely popular and is on backorder until June 26th. Fortunately there are so many wonderful new products to purchase and play with that the time will go fast before you can order the Daisy punch!
My first gift card holder, above, was made using Lemon Lime Twist. It’s such a cheerful color. I wasn’t sure that I’d like it but I have to admit that I really do!
The card below is made using Berry Burst.
And this one is made using Tranquil Tide.
It’s very easy to make these gift card holders!
- Start with a piece of card stock measuring 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score at 2-1/2″ and 5-1/2″.
- Cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 2-3/4″ and 4″ x 2-1/4″
- Fold the card stock in half and then on the other score line to create a pocket.
- Glue the smaller piece of DSP to the pocket. Then, use a 1″ Circle Punch to create a notch to pull the gift card out (see photo).
- Add Tear and Tape to the sides of the pocket and fold up. (see photo below)
- Add the remaining piece of DSP to the front of the card.
- Add a piece of Whisper White to the inside of the card measuring 5-1/4″ x 4″. Add either a piece of DSP measuring 4″ x 1″ along the right hand side or stamp along the edges. Another option would be to leave it blank.
To create the daisy, punch out three pieces – one in Whisper White, one out of the same color as the card stock base and one out of the DSP that’s used on the card. Add one Stampin’ Dimensional in the center of In Color daisy and place the Whisper White daisy on top of it. Place another dimensional in the center of the Whisper White daisy and add the DSP daisy to the top of that. On the bottom of the daisy, add three dimensionals and attach it to the front of the card, making sure that the adhesive doesn’t prevent the card from opening!
I stamped my sentiment from the Eastern Beauty stamp set and punched it out with the 1″ Circle Punch. It’s attached to the daisy using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Below you’ll find a list of the supplies I used to create my cards! For more information about any of the products, click on the pictures below and you’ll head over to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
Next stop on the hop is Dawn Griffith!
Tracy Bradley YOU ARE HERE!
Use this month’s host code when placing your order to receive a free gift!