I created today’s card for a challenge over at Inspire.Create.Challenges. The challenge was to use Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie and Poppy Parade on a card! I normally wouldn’t use this color combination so it was a fun challenge.
The beautiful roses are from the stamp set Healing Hugs. This is one of our Distinktive stamp sets which add unbelievable realism to an image. This stamp set is on the Retiring List but it IS NOT retiring. Stampin’ Up! is no longer making wood or clear stamps but instead shifting to photopolymer and cling. So all wood and clear stamp sets are on the retiring list but some, such as Healing Hugs, are returning in the new catalog in photopolymer or cling.
While stamping the roses, I did a little experimenting. For the darker rose, I simply tapped it in the ink pad and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. I didn’t push down too much because doing so would make it difficult to see the details of the stamp. For the second, lighter one, I used a sponge dauber. Earlier this week I used sponge daubers for a card and posted a video. To see that video, click here.
Directions for Today’s Card
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock that measures 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score at 5-1/2″ and fold in half. This will be your card base.
- Cut a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock that measures 5-1/4″ x 4″. Attach to the card base.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 5″ x 3-3/4″. Run the paper through a die cutting machine using the Layered Leaves embossing folder. Adhere to the Granny Apple Green cardstock.
- Using the stamp set, Healing Hugs, stamp two roses in Poppy Parade ink and three sets of leaves in Granny Apple Green ink. Hand cut the leaves and roses using Paper Snips. Glue two of the leaves to the backside of one of the roses. Add Multipurpose glue to the back and attach to the card.
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the second rose. You can add the leaves to the back using glue or slip them under one of the dimensionals. Attach to the card.
- Stamp the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink onto Whisper White cardstock using the stamp set Healing Hugs. Cut it out with a die cutting machine and the Merry Christmas Dies. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the front of the card.
If you have any questions about today’s card, please contact me!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
Click here to place an order!
Until next time . . . .