It’s Tool Time Tuesday and today it’s all about the Embossing Buddy (it’s on page 201 in the Annual Catalog). The Embossing Buddy is a MUST when embossing.
It’s quite simple to use but makes a world of difference to your finished project. By simply rubbing it over the surface of your paper, you’ll prevent small pieces of embossing powder from sticking to your paper. Once you heat emboss the powder, it can’t be removed. Sometimes you can’t even see where extra embossing powder has landed on your paper but once you heat it up with the heat tool, it’s too late.
Here are the steps when embossing:
- Prepare your paper by rubbing the embossing buddy over the surface.
- Stamp your image with Versamark Ink.
- Pour embossing powder over the stamped image and shake off any excess.
- Even though you’ve used the embossing powder, there’s a possibility that stray bits of embossing powder are on your paper, so use a fine brush to brush them away.
- Use the Heat Tool to heat your image and watch the magic happen!
I love to emboss and it never fails to make me say, “Wow!”
If you’re interested in trying out embossing, you’ll need the products below (the embossing powder I reach for most, is white). Click on any of the products and you’ll head to my Stampin’ Up! online store!
The Designer Series Paper sale will continue until the end of the month. Choose from select papers, Buy 3 and get 1 free! Click here for more information.