Happy first day of spring!! Summer used to always be my favorite season but now it’s Spring. I love seeing new growth on all the trees and plants and watching the buds bloom. It feels like a brand new beginning!
Having a flowery card for the first day of spring is fitting, don’t you think? To create the flowers on my card, I stamped them with the stamp set, Painted Seasons. This stamp set is FREE until March 31, 2019 or while supplies last, with a $100 order. It’s included in the Painted Seasons Bundle which also includes a package of Painted Seasons Designer Series Paper.
I cut my flowers and leaves with the Big Shot and the STILL AVAILABLE, Four Seasons Framelits Dies which are only available during the month of March or WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Three other products included in the Sale-a-Bration Coordination promotion sold out, so if you think you’d like these framelits, order very soon so you aren’t disappointed.
My card today came together very quickly. I stamped the flowers in Berry Burst and Gorgeous Grape and the leaves in Granny Apple Green. I used the Big Shot and Four Seasons Framelits Dies to easily and quickly cut them out!
The base of my card is Berry Burst (this color will be retiring soon) with a layer of Whisper White that was embossed with the Layering Leaves Embossing Folder. I glued the Berry Burst flowers with Snail adhesive and the Gorgeous Grape flower has Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back.
To cut the word “thanks”, I used the Well Written Framelits Dies with Berry Burst Cardstock and our Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. Yesterday I used the “friend” die which you can see here. You can purchase these dies separately but if you purchase the Well Said Cling Bundle, which also includes the Well Said stamp set, you’ll save 10%. This bundle includes a whopping 24 dies and 51 cling stamps!!!!
Ready to Make Today’s Card?
All the supplies I used can be found in the Supply List below.
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst that measures 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 4″ x 5-1/4″. Run it through the Big Shot using the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder. Attach to the base of the card.
- Using the Painted Seasons stamp set, stamp two flowers in Berry Burst and one in Gorgeous Grape. Stamp the leaves in Granny Apple Green. Cut the flowers and leaves using the Four Seasons Framelits Dies.
- Add Snail adhesive to the back of the Berry Burst flowers and leaves. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the Gorgeous Grape flower. Attach them all to the front of the card.
- Remove the protective sheet from a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and adhere a piece of Berry Burst to it. With the Berry Burst cardstock, right side up, place the die “thanks” from the Well Written Framelits Dies on top of it. Run it through the Big Shot. Remove the sheet from the word and place it on the card.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below or you can click here to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
Tracy’s Quick Links