Today begins the last full week of Sale-a-Bration 2019! Did you get the free gifts you wanted? I stock up on all the necessities during Sale-a-Bration: Whisper White cardstock, Snail refills, Multipurpose Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Ink Refills for my favorite colors and cardstock I’m running low on.
Did you know that several Sale-a-Bration items will be returning in the Annual Catalog? BUT, by that time, they won’t be free, you’ll have to pay for them! Why not get them free while you can!!?? They are: the Country Floral Embossing Folder (free with a $50 order) and the Tea Time Framelits Dies (free with a $100 order). The dies coordinate with the the Tea Together stamp set in the Occasions Catalog (page 49). To see all of the FREE gifts you can earn, click here! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Today’s card combines several products from the Occasions Catalog:
The card itself is pretty straightforward but I did do something a little different to color the flower. Instead of stamping in just one color, I added two colors to the stamp. How did I do that? It’s easy! I used my sponge daubers!
Using my sponge dauber, I added color to the entire flower stamp with Berry Burst Stampin’ Ink (this color is retiring soon – get it while you can!). I pounced the color on rather than spreading the color in a sideways motion. Then I used another dauber in Blackberry Bliss and pounced the color on the lower part of the flower. To reactivate the Berry Burst ink that might have dried, I huffed on the stamp and then stamped onto my paper. Give it a try! There’s no wrong way to do this. I hadn’t used sponge daubers in a while so I experimented again. I did use a sideways motion to add color but I didn’t care for the look but that might be what you’re going for!
- Cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock that measures 11″ x 4-1/4″. Fold in half.
- Cut 2 pieces of Whisper White cardstock that measure 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue one piece inside your card. Run the other piece through the Big Shot using the Dot to Dot Embossing Folder. Attach to the front of the card.
- On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, use the stamp set Bloom by Bloom and stamp the leaves using Granny Apple Green ink. Ink up the flower stamp using a sponge dauber with Berry Burst ink. Pounce the ink all over the stamp. Then, using another dauber, pounce Blackberry Bliss on the bottom half. Don’t add color straight across but vary where you’re placing the ink.
- Use the Big Shot and the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies to cut out the flower. Stamp the sentiment using Berry Burst ink and the stamp set, Varied Vases.
- Cut another rectangle using the Big Shot and the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies in Blackberry Bliss, just a little bit bigger than the rectangle with the flower. Use Snail adhesive to attach the flower piece to the Blackberry Bliss. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the front of the card.
- Add 3 rhinestones to finish the card!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
This is the BEST time to purchase the Starter Kit!! Why? Because it’s Sale-a-Bration time! The Starter Kit is always $99 and it’s always a great deal because you choose $125 worth of product to go into your kit, BUT during Sale-a-Bration, you get $50 more in product! Yes, you can choose $175 worth of product for $99 but only until Sunday, March 31, 2019!
Click here to purchase the Starter Kit!
Click here for more information!
Tracy’s Quick Links