I went out of my comfort zone a bit with this card. If you are a regular follower of my blog, I think you’ll notice that this card is a little different from what I normally post. I created the card following a sketch, which is just a starting point and you can change elements of it, which I did. I went back and forth trying to decide if I wanted to add the So Saffron embossed piece but I decided to keep it – that’s what took me out of my comfort zone! Wow, so daring of me!I used Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper which provides such a beautiful background to my card. I love this paper and will be sorry to see it go as it will be retiring soon.
I created the embossed piece of So Saffron using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. You might pass this embossing folder by because it makes you think of snow, but I use it year round. I love the look of it!
The stamp set, Needle & Thread, was used for the sentiment and I cut it out with the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. Then I finished the card off with our Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots. These dots have been so popular and have been on backorder but more are due in the warehouse any day now!
- Cut a piece of So Saffron that measures 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score at 5-1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measures 4″ x 3-3/4″. Cut a piece of Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper that measures 3-3/4″ X 3-1/2″. Layer the Designer Series Paper on top of the Night of Navy and place on your card.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measures 5-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Cut a piece of Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper that measures 5-1/2″ x 1-1/4″. Layer the Designer Series Paper on top of the Night of Navy and place on your card.
- Cut a piece of So Saffron cardstock that measures 4-1/4″ x 1″. Place it inside the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot. Add it to the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock using Night of Navy ink and the stamp set, Needle & Thread. Cut it out using the Layering Circles Framelits. Cut two more circles, larger than the sentiment in So Saffron & Night of Navy cardstock. Layer them all together using Snail. On the back of the Night of Navy circle, add Stampin’ Dimensionals and then place on the card.
- Finish your card by adding three Night of Navy Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
For a limited time (until April 6, 2019), I’m offering my Needlepoint Nook Card Kit for orders over $50 (before shipping/tax). When placing your order, the Needlepoint Nook Host Code must be used to receive the kit, PDF tutorial and video.
For more information about my
FREE Needlepoint Nook Card Kit, click here!