It’s the first Friday of the month so that means it’s time for the Glitter Queens Blog Hop! There are seven of us participating today and I hope you’ll circle around and see everyone’s project! We are all featuring a retiring product that we’ll miss and I’ve chosen our Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. It has been hugely popular since it debuted in January in the Occasions Catalog. As of this writing, it’s in stock and it’s my guess it won’t last long so if you love it, get it while you can!
The coordinating colors in the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper are: Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Grapefruit Grove, Lemon Lime Twist and Balmy Blue. Sadly, Lemon Lime Twist is a retiring In Color and the cardstock has already sold out but there are other colors that will coordinate with it as you’ll see in one of my cards today!
I’ve created a card for each color in this package of paper using the same layout, same Stampin’ Up! supplies and each card base is made of Thick Whisper White. The only thing I did change for each card was the coordinating cardstock. All the sentiments were stamped in Memento Ink using the stamp set, Incredible Like You, which is also on the Retiring List! It will be available until May 24th and then only while supplies last. The butterfly was also stamped in Memento Ink using the stamp set, Butterfly Gala and punched out with the Butterfly Duet Punch.
Bundle Alert: Purchase the Butterfly Gala Bundle, which includes the Butterfly Gala stamp set and the Butterfly Duet Punch, and save 10%. These two products will be returning in the new catalog but the bundle will NOT and is now only available while supplies last!
My first card at the top of the post features Gorgeous Grape with the Highland Heather Designer Series Paper. The butterfly was colored using the Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack.
The card below uses the combination of Pool Party and Lemon Lime Twist and I used the Pool Party Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack to color the butterfly.
This next card features Night of Navy cardstock with the Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper. The butterfly was colored using Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack.
The card below features Grapefruit Grove cardstock with the Grapefruit Grove Designer Series Paper. The butterfly was colored using Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack.
The last card features Balmy Blue cardstock with the Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper. The butterfly was colored using Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack.
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White that measures 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold in half. This will be your card base.
- Cut a piece of coordinating cardstock that measures 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut a piece of Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper that measures 5″ x 3-3/4″. Attach to the cardstock in the previous step and then adhere to the card front.
- Cut a piece of coordinating cardstock that measures 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper that measures 4′” x 3″ and attach to the cardstock in the previous step. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the card.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Ink and the stamp set Incredible Like You. Cut it out using the Layering Circles Dies. Cut another larger circle in the coordinating cardstock. Glue the sentiment to the cardstock. Attach Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the card.
- Stamp a butterfly onto Whisper White cardstock using Memento Ink and the stamp set Butterfly Gala. Color the butterfly using Stampin’ Blends and cut it out using the Butterfly Duet Punch. Add a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional to the back and attach to the card.
- Finish the card by adding three large rhinestones to the Designer Series Paper and a small one on the butterfly.
I hope you’ll visit all the Glitter Queens in the hop this month! Shelia is up next! You can click here to head over to her blog or click the purple button below.
Tracy Bradley – You Are Here
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
Place a $50 or more order at my Stampin’ Up! online store on or before May 7th using my special host code and receive my May Card Kit Extravaganza which includes all the paper and embellishments needed to make 8 cards! Click here for all the details!
Everything is Rosy – Available for a Limited Time
Click here for more information!