Today’s card features the Hello Ladybug Bundle which includes the Hello Ladybug stamp set and the Ladybug Builder Punch (you save 10% when you purchase a bundle but the products can also be purchased separately). I also used Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper (a free Sale-a-Bration product), Seasonal Labels Dies and the Checks & Dots Embossing Folders.
I started with a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock. Then, I layered a piece of Basic White cardstock with a piece of Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper. Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper is one of the FREE Sale-a-Bration gifts you can choose when you place a $50 order! To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and all the free products you can earn, click here!
Before adhering the cardstock and Designer Series Paper to the card front, I wrapped a piece of Black & White Gingham ribbon around the left side, tied a knot and then placed it on the card base.
I used the Seasonal Labels Dies to cut a shape out of Basic White cardstock and then placed it in one of the Checks & Dots Embossing Folders. Normally I’d add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back before adhering it to the front of the card but I used Multipurpose Glue instead. I have a little bit of Creator’s Remorse (my made-up phrase) and wish I had used Dimensionals. I really, really like the look I achieve when I use Dimensionals and it looks a bit flat to me but oh well. The cuteness of the ladybug makes up for it.
I used Memento ink and the Stamparatus to stamp the ladybug’s body and it worked GREAT! I got a really good solid impression. Then I stamped the wings onto another piece of Basic White cardstock using Real Red ink. I stamped the dots in Memento ink. Then I used the Ladybug Builder Punch to cut it out.
I used the Bough Punch to cut two leaves out of Granny Apple Green cardstock and then placed them inside the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder to give them a little bit of texture. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the ladybug and placed the ends of the leaves on the dimensionals and attached it all to the front of the card.
I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Basic White cardstock in Memento Ink using the stamp set Hello Ladybug and then cut it out with my Paper Snips. When I stamp small sentiments like this, I stamp at the bottom of the paper so that I have one straight edge and then trim the rest. I added Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and placed it on the card. To complete the card, I added a piece of Basic White cardstock to the inside.
Below you’ll find all the Stampin’ Up! supplies I used for today’s card. If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
- Granny Apple Green cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″ score at 5-1/2″
- Granny Apple Green cardstock: scraps for leaves
- Basic White cardstock (one for the front & inside): (2) 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White cardstock: approx. 4-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Basic White cardstock: scrap for ladybug body and wings
- Basic White cardstock: scrap for sentiment
- Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper: 5″ x 3-3/4″
January Host Code
Use the host code below when you place a minimum $50 order and you’ll receive an embellishment from me from the new catalog (it will be a surprise). Once I close the host code on January 31st, I’ll order all the embellishments and as soon as I receive them, I’ll mail them out which will be approximately February 15th. You must use the host code to receive your free gift BUT if your order is $150 or more, please do not use the host code so you can receive Stampin’ Rewards (free product) directly from Stampin’ Up! You will automatically receive the free gift from me.
Safari Celebration Paper Pumpkin Kit
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- The Safari Celebration Paper Pumpkin Kit includes a Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin’ Spot!
- This kit’s stamp set is an uplifting one! Make every occasion a celebration with sentiments that say “yay!”, “fantastic!”, and other fun phrases.
- Explore each of our current In Color collections with this colorful kit! Discover designs and paper pieces in Bumblebee (a 2020–2022 In Color), Fresh Freesia (a 2021–2023 In Color), and Soft Succulent (a 2021–2023 In Color).
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ (11.4 x 14.6 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Bumblebee, Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede
Click here to order Safari Celebration
You can cancel at any time or even skip a month
Thanks for stopping by today!