Today’s card was created using Garden Lane Designer Series Paper. It’s part of the Garden Lane Suite which also includes the stamp set Verdant Garden which I also used on my card today.
I don’t normally use more than one stamp set but for this card I did. The sentiment is from the stamp set, To a Wild Rose, shown below. Look carefully and you might notice something that will make you shudder. I cut the stamp, “To Be Your Friend”. I realized that I would get more out of the stamp set if “friend” was by itself, so I took my Paper Snips and cut it! It IS a little scary but oh so worth it if you’ll use a particular stamp more often.
I used the stamp set Verdant Garden for the pretty little rose. I thought it would make a nice little touch especially with the pop of color. I used Watercolor Pencils to color it in and then smoothed it out with the Blender Pen. Sometimes when you color with pencils, you can see streaks of color and a Blender Pen completely solves that problem! I hand cut the rose which was pretty easy to do.
Directions to Create Today’s Card
- Cut a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock that measures 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score at 5-1/2″ and fold in half.
- Cut a piece of Garden Lane Designer Series Paper that measures 5-1/4″ x 4″, Adhere to the front of the card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 3-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Cut a piece of Garden Lane Designer Series Paper that measures 3-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ and then attach it to the piece of Whisper White. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the front of the card.
- On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the sentiment using Mossy Meadow ink and the stamp set, To a Wild Rose. Cut it out using the Stitched Shapes Dies and a die-cutting machine. Cut another larger circle in Pool Party cardstock using the Layering Circles Dies. You’ll need to make one more circle in Mossy Meadow using the Stitched Shapes Dies. Layer all the pieces together using Snail. Turn it over and add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the right side and down the center. Turn it back over and attach to the card.
- Stamp the rose from the stamp set, Verdant Garden, in Memento Ink onto Whisper White cardstock. Color it using Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive Watercolor Pencils. Use a Blender Pen to blend and smooth out the colors, if desired. Add Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the sentiment.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!