Today’s card features Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Dies, Encircled in Warmth stamp set, Wintry 3D Embossing Folders and Tidings of Christmas 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. If the Poinsettia Dies look familiar, it’s because they debuted in the 2020 Mini Catalog and can now be found in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. The beauty of many of the dies in this set is that they cut and emboss at the same time! To see what I mean, take a look at the embossing on the poinsettia!
I started with a piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock and then added a layer of Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper. Next, I adhered a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock that I ran through one of the Wintry 3D Embossing Folders. These embossing folders are currently on backorder and as of today, they can still be added to your order and will ship when they are back in stock (estimated to be back in stock next week). The rest of your order will ship without the embossing folders.
I used the Poinsettia Dies to cut two Silver Foil sprigs. Before running one of the sprigs though the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, I added the little piece for the center of the flower onto the paper. I also cut two poinsettia flowers out of Basic White cardstock. I adhered a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional between the two flower pieces and then added a regular Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the larger flower. I used our Mini Glue Dots to adhere the foil sprigs to the back of the poinsettia and then adhered the flower to the front of the card.
When using the poinsettia and leaves dies, you’ll use two dies. One of the dies cuts the flower shape and the other embosses the paper. I used a Sharpie to mark the dies so I would know exactly how the inside piece fits (it’s a big time saver).
I used the Stitched Rectangles Dies to cut a rectangle out of Basic White cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in Evening Evergreen ink. I added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and adhered it to the front of the card. To complete the card, I adhered a piece of Basic White cardstock to the inside.
Below you’ll find all the Stampin’ Up! supplies I used for today’s card. If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
The Specialty Plate is used with 3D Embossing Folders.
- Evening Evergreen cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″ score at 5-1/2″ or 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ score at 4-1/4″ (the only difference is how the card opens)
- Soft Succulent cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Soft Succulent cardstock (embossed piece): 4-3/4″ x 2″
- Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper: 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White cardstock (smaller poinsettia piece): approx. 3″ x 3″
- Basic White cardstock (larger poinsettia piece): approx. 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Basic White cardstock (sentiment): approx. 3-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
- Basic White cardstock (inside card): 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Silver Foil: (2) approx. 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Silver Foil: scrap for center of poinsettia
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your day!