We just returned home from being out of town for a few days to celebrate my mom’s 90th birthday. I feel very blessed that we were there to celebrate her big day with her. Today’s card is the birthday card I made for her and it features the stamp set, Prized Peony.
I started with a base of Thick Basic White cardstock and then added a layer of Basic White cardstock that I embossed using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. Normally I cut this piece down but it’s full size to cover the entire front of the card.
I stamped the peony in Memento Ink onto a piece of Basic White cardstock and then colored it using these Stampin’ Blends: Fresh Freesia (Light and Dark), Highland Heather (Light) and Old Olive (Light). I COMPLETELY forgot that I have the Peony Dies and even had a conversation with myself that I didn’t feel like fussy cutting it out. I just shook my head when I spotted the dies sitting on my crafting desk. It’s that time of year when our heads can only hold so much, right? I did list the Peony Dies in the Supply List below even though I didn’t actually use them (but I will soon!). I mounted the peony onto a piece of Highland Heather cardstock, added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and adhered it to the front of the card.
To color the peony using my Stampin’ Blends, I did several petals at one time. First, I colored the entire petal with Light Fresh Freesia. Then, I used Dark Fresh Freesia to color in the highlights (this stamp tells you where the highlights are – the very dark areas). I went over this same area again with Light Highland Heather and then went back in with Light Fresh Freesia to blend it all in. I only used Light Old Olive for the leaves and just colored them in and then went over the darker areas a second time When I tried using Dark Old Olive, I felt it was too dark.
I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut a piece of Basic White cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in Highland Heather ink using the stamp set Artistically Inked. I mounted it onto a piece of Highland Heather cardstock, added Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and placed it below the peony. To complete the card, I added three Elegant Faceted Gems around the peony.
- Thick Basic White cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″
- Basic White cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Basic White cardstock (peony): 3-7/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Basic White cardstock (sentiment): approx. 3″ x 1-1/8″
- Highland Heather cardstock: 4-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Highland Heather cardstock (piece under sentiment): 3″ x 1″
Click here to shop Stampin’ Up! Last Chance Products from the Mini Catalog
All Last Chance Products are available while supplies last or January 3, 2021.
Eden’s Garden Products
The Eden’s Garden stamp set, Eden Dies and Eden’s Garden Bundle are early releases from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog but the other products in the collection are only available while supplies last. The available while supplies last products are:
- Ever Eden 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper – while supplies last
- Ever Eden 12″ x 12″ Cotton Paper – while supplies last
- Garden Gems – while supplies last
- Eden’s Garden Collection (all of the products in the collection)- while supplies last
All the Eden’s Garden products are listed below. For more information about a product, click the image.
Kisses & Hugs Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 10 cards—5 each of 2 designs—and 10 coordinating envelopes
- Kit features an exclusive Two-Step photopolymer stamp set
- Kit includes a Gray Granite Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Card size: 4-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ heart-shaped cards; folded
- Coordinating colors: Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Gray Granite, Very Vanilla
You can cancel at any time or even skip a month
This month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit has an Add On (see the photo above)! The coordinated treat boxes are not included in this month’s kit and are only available for purchase separately as an add-on online starting January 25, 2022. You must be a Paper Pumpkin subscriber to purchase and they are only available while supplies last.
Kisses & Hugs Mini Treat Boxes Add On For Paper Pumpkin Subscribers
Available January 25, 2022
Item number: 160147 | $10.00 USD
- Contains 20 mini treat boxes and 20 heart tags
- Gold cord: 10-1/2″ yards (9.6 m)
- Finished size: 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
- Printed with gold foil
- December 20, 2021: New Card Sampler Will Be Released (it’s being delayed due to the holidays)
- January 3, 2022: Last Day to Order Last Chance Products
- January 4, 2022: January – June 2022 Mini Catalog Debuts (if you’ve ordered from me in the last six months, a catalog is on it’s way to you
- January 4, 2022: Sale-a-Bration Begins
- January 10, 2022: Last Day to Order Hugs & Kisses Paper Pumpkin
Here’s a picture of my mom and I on her big day (I decided to grow out the white/gray during quarantine)!