Yesterday was the Glitter Queens Blog Hop where our theme was red, white and blue. I thought I’d continue using these beautiful colors one more day! If you missed the hop yesterday, you can start here!
Today’s card begins with a base of Real Red cardstock. The next layer is Whisper White cardstock that was run through a die-cutting machine using the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. The beautiful paper is one of the designs in See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Ink using the Abstract Impressions stamp set and cut out with Stitched Shapes dies and a die-cutting machine. The outer Real Red circle was made using the Layering Circles Dies. The ribbon is our 5/8″ Flax Ribbon that was really hard to keep in stock when it first came out. It’s very pliable and easy to make a bow with too!
Directions for Today’s Card
All of the supplies I used can be found in the Supply List below. To purchase any of the items, simply click the image and you’ll be directed to my Stampin’ Up! online store.
- Cut a piece of Real Red cardstock that measures 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4 and fold in half. This is your card base.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 4″ x 5-1/4″. Place inside the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder and run through a die-cutting machine.
- Cut a piece of See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper that measures 2″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to the bottom of the of the embossed Whisper White using Snail.
- Wrap a piece of Flax Ribbon around the middle of the card. Attach a small amount of Snail on the back to attach the ends of the ribbon. On the front, add a Glue Dot in the middle, underneath the ribbon. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back (I also added one on each piece of ribbon for an extra layer of adhesive) and place on the front of the card.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento Ink onto Whisper White cardstock using the stamp set, Abstract Impressions. Cut it out using the Stitched Shapes Dies and a die-cutting machine. Cut a Real Red circle using the Layering Circles Dies. Layer these two pieces together using Snail. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and attach to the front of the card.
- To complete the card, add three red rhinestones.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your demonstrator! You can place an order by clicking any of the images below to go to the homepage of my Stampin’ Up! online store. If you have questions about products you’re considering purchasing or ones you’ve already purchased, I’m just an email away (click the Email Me button on the sidebar of my blog).
This is the BEST time to purchase the Starter Kit! Purchase it for $99 but then pick out $155 worth of Stampin’ Up! product!!! Plus, receive a $10 coupon the following month. There’s absolutely no risk purchasing the Starter Kit and no, you don’t need to start selling Stampin’ Up! products, you can join just for the 20% discount on all of your future purchases. It truly is a GREAT deal! Click here for more information!